- It is all good under the hood until the food cravings of cheese burst pizzas, chocolate fondues, and buffet platters lead us to serious health problems like obesity, high cholesterol levels, lethargy and stress eating. While some people cannot stay loyal to their gymming routines, some do not seem to find the time to hit the gym or even take a walk due to their busy schedules. At instances like these, stress‑free and less time-demanding fitness options like doing yoga asanas while sitting in your office chair or sipping on detox water can help reach your fitness goal. Wondering how detox water helps with weight loss? Read on…
Detox Water: The Latest Fitness Fad
- A study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism reported that 2 cups of water could amp up your metabolic rate by 30%. When spiked with the right ingredients, detox water not only hydrates you and draws toxins out from the body, but also boosts your organ function and promotes weight loss. It jump-starts your digestive function and puts your kidneys to work to eliminate body waste. Above all, it does not add up calories. So, if frequent snacking is the primary culprit for those rising numbers on your weighing scale, detox water is a refreshing and effective alternative to the stash of munchies in your drawer. Following is a list of flavoursome detox water recipes that will help you curb your hunger pangs and lose weight without moving a muscle:
- Kiwi and strawberry: Add a cup of strawberries and a cup of sliced kiwis to your bottle of water and keep aside for about 2 hours. Your kiwi and strawberry detox drink is ready to consume.
- How it helps: Kiwis are low-calorie fruits that are rich in digestive fibres. A research study proved that excess salt in the body is linked with obesity. Hence, kiwis are an effective weight loss option as they also help remove excess salt from the body. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and anti‑inflammatory properties that boost collagen levels and promote good skin.
- Lemon and fenugreek: A tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and some lemon wedges are all you need for this one. Mix them in water and keep aside about 2 hours.
- How it helps: This is a jackpot recipe if you want to improve the metabolic rate of your body. The fenugreek is the real deal in this detox drink – it has soluble fibres that help reduce weight and enhance the metabolic rate of the body. Lemon acts as a weight loss buddy by being a great toxin removal agent and an antioxidant powerhouse that flushes out the waste from your body.
- Mint and ginger: Crush some ginger, add some fresh mint leaves to your jar of water and keep aside for 30 minutes. Add a pinch of black salt if you’d like to amp up the taste.
- How it helps: Ginger is a great calorie burner and a filling food item. You may not consume fewer calories, but you will surely feel full for a longer time. Mint is a great refreshing agent that wakes you up.
- Watermelon detox: About two to three watermelon cubes are all you need for this simple recipe. Add the watermelon cubes to about 5 cups of water and refrigerate. The refreshing drink should be ready in about 2 hours.
- How it helps: Watermelons are almost everybody’s favourite fruit. They are rich in antioxidants, and they flush out toxins from the body. Also, watermelon has more water and a meagre amount of calorie content, which is why it is a delicious and effective fruit for weight loss.
- Apple and chia seeds: Add the paste made out of one apple and about two to three tablespoons of chia seeds in a jar of water to make this detox drink. Add crushed black pepper seeds or a dash of mint leaves for some flavour. You can have this drink immediately or after soaking it for about half an hour.
- How it helps: Apples are low-calorie fibre-rich foods that keep you full for a longer time. Chia seeds are a tiny but mighty protein- and dietary fibre–filled food. According to some research, chia seeds improve performance while exercising and can significantly reduce weight.
Chuck the boring plain water, make yourself your favourite on-the-go detox water recipe and shed the extra flab.
- To find out which detox water recipe is most beneficial for your weight loss goals and to find out other suitable fitness and diet plans to reduce weight, contact expert fitness and nutritionist professionals on the HealthAssure app. Download now and get in touch with a local qualified dietitian or nutritionist to lose weight the right way.
Book your appointment at: 022-61676633.
To get your login credentials for HealthPass, please mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.