- Advertisements that show before and after images of people losing belly fat and getting in perfect shape are quite intriguing, not to mention embarrassing. However, in this world full of lip-smacking junk foods and mouthwatering desserts, you cannot help but pile on some belly fat! Belly fat is evident on our bodies just like a red flag on a patch of snow. It not only affects your self-image but is also a risk factor for health problems like diabetes. It is important to burn it off – not just for your health but also to do away with how self-conscious it can make you.
Here are 6 superb ways to get rid of belly fat permanently:
- Chuck sugar – Having too much sugar is like putting a direct tube to your belly and pumping in fat; so skip sugary beverages like soda, shakes, and the likes. Fruit juices are healthy but juicing fruits along with the peels is even healthier. Fruit peels contain fibre while fruit pulp contains sugar, and the fibre helps to balance out the sugar content of the fruit by slowing down its absorption into the bloodstream. This helps reduce belly fat formation. Giving up on sugar is not an easy task, especially for people with a sweet tooth. You can start by replacing sugary beverages with water, green tea, and cutting down the amount of sugar you add to your coffee/tea. Eventually, figure out how to cut down high-sugar foods. Whenever your sweet tooth craves a bite, grab some berries, a melon, or an apple – foods with natural sugars – as opposed to foods that are artificially sweetened – like cakes, bagels, biscuits, and others.
- Do not sit for long hours continuously – According to some studies, even the recommended 150-minute exercise per week is not enough if you sit for more than 8-9 hours a day. Here are a few ways that you can stay active at your workplace:
- Take short breaks during the day and walk around the office, to the canteen, to the upper storey, to the washroom – just move more all day!
- Do stretching exercises at your desk
- Take a short walk around the corner during your lunch break or catch up with buddies walking instead of sitting
- Have an active hobby – Develop a hobby – enrol yourself in group activities, gardening, trekking, swimming, sports or something you can do alone (if you prefer that). You can do something that you love or are passionate about and stay healthy at the same time.
- Cut off fats and develop muscle – Those painful sit-ups and squats are super helpful when it comes to doing away with belly fat. They target your core muscle strength and build muscle while melting away the fat. The more muscle you develop, the more calories you will burn at rest.
- Nom on proteins – Proteins are a magic macronutrient that will help you lose weight. Scientific reports have shown that proteins reduce food cravings by 60% and boost your metabolism rate by 80 to 100 calories per day. Adding more proteins to your diet will make an effective change in your weight loss process. The best part about proteins is that they will not only help you lose weight but will also help you avoid regaining the lost weight easily if you ever give up working out vigorously.
- Drink like a fish – Water speeds up your metabolism and flushes the toxins out of your body. Have a glass of water before your meals to restrain your appetite. Water will also lessen your sugar cravings and keep you refreshed. It will even kill hunger pangs by keeping you full for a longer time. Above all, it keeps your body hydrated, which translates into optimal metabolic functions and digestion.
- Kick-start your belly fat loss routine by using these six ways. Get a fit belly; get a fitter you. To find out more health-related tips, visit HealthAssure. If meeting a health expert is what you are looking for, HealthAssure has you covered. Go to our nearest primary care centre right away and talk to a nutritionist to chalk out a customised meal plan for you. Seize today for a healthier tomorrow without delay!
You can book a dietitian appointment from HealthAssure and gain peace of mind.
Book your appointment at: 022-61676633
To get your login credentials for HealthPass, please mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org