- It’s surprising to observe that the simplest of truths are made so complicated. Belly fat is one of them! Our belly region has all our important organs. Circulation in this region is of greatest importance for our health and well being. In yoga, macrobiotics and Ayurveda, it is considered a prime factor for creating vitality and longevity.
- There is never one reason for any problem. Even for belly fat, there are several reasons and for each individual there will be any combination from the causes mentioned below.
- REFINED FOODS: The first and biggest reason for belly fat is refined foods. People who consume any kind of refined foods as opposed to whole foods have a tendency to have belly fat. Nature made food whole as it grew on earth and man often takes out the good parts such as the fiber and minerals and consumes the starchy or fatty part for making meals delicious. Of course a meal without fiber means less chewing and more soft or fatty taste that everyone likes. If one doesn’t consume the structural part of a plant food (fiber and minerals) – then the structural and stable part of their body – bones, muscles and the hormonal system suffer.
- There are two reasons why people don’t have the energy to chew whole foods – one being that their digestion has become too soft and weak and the other being that they have developed a laziness to fully heal their system to be able to chew & digest whole foods.
- So if you like white rice instead of brown rice or millets; or white sugar instead of jaggeryor dates, or maida or breads instead of wheat dalia, then basically there is a chance that either your digestion is becoming weak and or you have trouble having a slim tummy.
- FOOD ALLERGIES: If a person consumes food that they are allergic or sensitive to, then this can contribute to belly fat as well. Common allergies are wheat, lactose, certain nuts, yeast, shell fish etc. Most of us are not aware that in our times, due to the cumulative effect of poor food choices, our digestion has become weak and eating anything that doesn’t suit us anymore will cause bloating and inflammation. Even if these allergies aren’t strong enough to show in a medical report, we still have an immune sensitive response to most of these foods. So even if you are not allergic to wheat, lactose or yeast etc. – these are best eaten occasionally especially if you have a weak digestion.
- BAD FOOD COMBINING: This is another most important and most ignored subject. It is essential to not combine foods that digest at a different time and digest in a different way. For example, combining fruit with grains/main meals or fruit with beans is a recipe for poor digestion and maybe even bloating.
- POOR QUALITY BEVERAGES: Having sugary or cold foods also affects the digestion in a negative way. Even having too much liquid with meals can harm the digestive process. Drinking warm herbal concoctions on the other hand help met fat eaten during the day and reduce belly fat.
- From the above, here is a quick review of foods that contribute to belly fat: white sugar, white sugar based foods and drinks, maida, excessive wheat or flour based foods in general, bread, yeast, lactose, commercial pastry and mixing fruits or desserts with main meals.
You can order these tests easily via HealthAssure and gain peace of mind.
Book your appointment at: 022-61676633
To get your login credentials for HealthPass, please mail at: email@example.com